Thursday, March 15, 2012

O for the want of Bacon!!!

  One thing that is a pleasant surprise to me is that I rather enjoy the food here. At the Haffa House, there is a decent restaurant that serves Middle Eastern, Indian, Chinese and Continental food. All of the dishes are made to order and are very tasty. All around the hotel, there are Coffee Shops, Bakeries, Kebab stands, Walk in and Dine in dinners. You can get a good meal for around 3-10 U.S. Dollars. Also, 2 blocks from the hotel there is a Lulu’s, which is comparable to a local market. There are also copious amounts of fresh produce and meat shops around. (I wish my room had a small kitchenette!) But, much to my chagrin, NO BACON!!!

2 comments:

  1. When I went to Turkey there was no pork. We went on a trip to Greece and I ordered a big plate of bacon. The no bacon thing sucks

    ReplyDelete